What to Expect After Your Surgery
Prior to discharge, a nurse will review written discharge instructions with you and the person accompanying you home.
- You should plan on having someone to stay with you for the first 24 hours if you have had anesthesia.
- At home you should rest. Avoid alcohol, driving a motor vehicle and operating machinery.
- Resume taking medications as previously prescribed by your physician.
- A nurse will call you within three days after your discharge to check on your progress and to answer any questions you might have.
- If you have any questions during normal business hours you can call the Surgery Center of Greater Nashua at (603) 578-9909. After business hours, please call your surgeon’s office with any questions